Cryptocurrency is the absolute rage these days in the finance world. If you’re interested in getting your share of the crypto pie, you will need best crypto trading platforms. Through these platforms you can buy and sell digital currencies like Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Ethereum and many others.
For any aspiring crypto investor, the most vital step to take is critical to choose the best cryptocurrency trading platform. In this article, we have listed the 5 best crypto trading platforms that can help you buy and sell cryptocurrencies.
But before we proceed, if you are new to crypto currencies, consider reading: What is cryptocurrency and how it functions.
5 Best Crypto Trading Platforms
THIS BLOG INCLUDE:
Launched in 2012, Coinbase today is well-known among cryptocurrency holders. It has around 73 million verified users, 10,000 institutions and 185,000 ecosystem partners in more than 100 nations, according to the company’s website. It is one of the largest crypto exchanges and a popular platform.
- It has user-friendly mobile apps for both iOS and Android. Website interface is also very easy to use, making it one of the best crypto trading platforms for beginners.
- Availability of wide range of cryptocurrencies that you can buy, trade or sell. You can use the platform to convert one cryptocurrency to another, or to send and receive cryptocurrency to and from others.
- One of the main features of this cryptocurrency trading platform is that, besides allowing you to trade cryptocurrencies, you can store money in a virtual electronic wallet with the facility to withdraw and undertake other operations.
- Similar to stock trading apps, the exchange shows the current price and trends for cryptocurrencies as well as a look into your portfolio of holdings. The cryptocurrency trading platform has numerous investment options for individual and institutional clients.
- It is important to note that the company runs two different platforms – Coinbase and Coinbase Pro. While both allow you to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrencies, they come with their own unique features. Experienced users can access additional features and order types through Coinbase Pro.
There is the benefit of crypto insurance, where USD cash balances are covered by FDIC insurance, up to $250,000. Coinbase has crime insurance that secures part of the digital assets in the storage system from theft losses, including cybersecurity breaches.
The sign up process is quick and easy. It’s just like how you would open a new bank or brokerage account online. Before you proceed, please have a look at the company’s website to note the fees involved for transactions.
In terms of daily trading volume of cryptocurrencies, Binance is currently among the largest crypto exchanges in the world. According to the company’s website, Binance has 2 billion+ average daily transaction volume and 1.4 million+ transactions per second.
- You can buy cryptocurrencies using your credit or debit card, cash balance, and P2P.
- Depending on your country, deposits with up to 50+ fiat currencies can be made to your Binance account. This can be made via bank transfer and bank cards.
- In case you have crypto in another wallet, the same can be deposited into your Binance Wallet.
- Trade BNB, which is the native coin of the Binance Chain and the Binance Smart Chain, and it powers the Binance ecosystem.
- You can cover the trading fees on the Binance Exchange and the Binance DEX (Decentralized Exchange) through BNB. Additionally, payment for goods and services online and in-store can be done with BNB.
The third in our list of best crypto trading platforms is Gemini, an exchange that allows users to trade assets, manage holdings, and set recurring buys.
- You can deal with 45+ cryptos including Bitcoin, Dogecoin and Ethereum.
- Security and ease of use are its major strong points.
- The platform is available in 50+ countries, and you can start with as little as $5.
- Gemini’s user-friendly desktop cryptocurrency trading platform more than suffices for crypto traders.
- On its mobile app, you have the option to buy, sell, and convert digital currency using your smartphones or tablets.
- You can set price notifications for the cryptocurrencies you’re interested in.
Insurance cover is provided for the cryptocurrencies that Gemini holds on your behalf in their online hot wallet. The policy provides insurance against theft of digital assets from Gemini’s hot wallet that is due to a security breach or hack, employee theft or a fraudulent transfer.
Kraken is one of the largest crypto exchanges that lets you buy 50+ cryptocurrencies.
- You can get started with as little as $10.
- Some of the platform’s strong points include its low fees, stringent security standards and versatile funding options.
- When compared with some of the best crypto trading platforms, Kraken has more coins for staking and high interest rates.
- Kraken offers Cryptowatch, a charting and trading terminal for cryptocurrency markets. This interface lets you scan prices, monitor and analyze market movements as well as make trades on every major exchange.
In April 2014, Kraken was chosen to provide market data for Bitcoin trading to the Bloomberg terminal. This move helped Kraken’s popularity grow significantly in the trader community. Bloomberg customers could access virtual currency prices, news and charts via services and terminals of Bloomberg.
An important point to be noted is that Kraken does not offer a personal wallet service. When funds are being exchanged or used for staking or trading, clients can deposit funds to Kraken’s corporate wallet for safekeeping. In terms of insurance, although the company takes efforts to protect the assets of its clients from loss, it does not have third-party insurance.
Crypto.com has over 10 million users buying and selling 200+ cryptocurrencies, according to the company’s website. We’ve placed this exchange in our list of the best crypto trading platforms on account of its ecosystem of crypto products.
- It has a wide range of supported cryptocurrencies, offers discounts and has competitive fees.
- Crypto.com caters to users in 90 nations with a range of crypto-related products. Additionally, one can buy cryptocurrencies with 20+ fiat currencies.
- There is the facility to manage and spends funds at anytime with the Crypto.com Visa Card.
- On the mobile app, you can track cryptos by setting up price alerts and price movement alerts.
- The company’s DeFi wallet lets you access a range of DeFi services at one place.
- In terms of insurance, Crypto.com has coverage for assets held in cold storage.
You can opt for this cryptocurrency trading platform if you’re looking to do more with your crypto, in addition to buy and hold.
Many view cryptos as the future of finance. When you think you’re ready to begin your cryto journey, choosing from the best crypto trading platforms is vital. This is actually one of the primary factors that determine your success in the crypto space. The above-listed cryptocurrency trading platforms are some of the largest crypto exchanges out there. They have proven to be secure and easy to trade.
Which platform is best for Cryptocurrency?
Coinbase tops our list for the best crypto trading platform as it is easy to use. If you are a beginner, you may like how the Coinbase website and mobile app lets you buy, sell and exchange cryptocurrencies quite speedily.
Where is the safest place to keep your Cryptocurrency?
From a security standpoint, cold storage is a safe method of holding your cryptocurrency as it is not connected to the internet via any device.
Is Coinbase good for beginners?
Coinbase, one of the world’s best crypto exchanges, is great for beginners. The platform is straightforward and geared more towards beginners.